On previous podcast episodes I’ve talked about low calorie wines., specifically the ones made by KLEAN. Did you know there are many, many others? If you love wine, but hate the 120-150 calories that come with it per glass, then start looking for these brands! We can now sip without the guilt of empty calories.
Wine lovers looking for a diet-friendly adult beverage should look for these options when stocking the bar:
- Aldi Featherweight collection – The German grocery store chain has this line of red, white and rosé wines that are all low-cal. The pinot grigio and sauvignon blanc both have 55 calories in four ounces and the white zin is only 57 calories a serving.
- Weight Watchers – yes, it’s true. They have wine! New Sauvignon Blanc that has only 85 calories.
- Brancott Estate’s Flight Song – These wines are created to have 20% fewer calories than the New Zealand wine brand’s other vintages. The Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc and Marlborough Pinot Grigio have just 88 and 87 calories respectively.
- Marks and Spencer Sumika collection – These light wines include a Sumika Sauvignon Blanc that’s just 50 calories in a four-ounce serving. That’s a small pour, but even twice that much is still only 100 calories.
- Skinnygirl – The company started by “Real Housewife” Bethenny Frankel has expanded their collection to include eight wines which have just 100 calories in a five-ounce serving. They make a California White and a Moscato, among others, and they sell for $15 at Walmart and Target.
The only drawback is that less calories means less alcohol, so the Weight Watchers wine has 9.6% ABV, compared to a standard serving of full-calorie white wine that has 12% ABV and up. But that just makes it easier to drink responsibly.